Monday, November 15, 2010

Miss Heart of America Pageant

This past weekend my niece, Rebecca, competed in the Miss Heart of America (Alabama). The event took place in Birmingham at the Sheraton. She's pretty new to pageants, but is beautiful and did great. There were 5 other girls in her division...

This is her during the introduction where she announced that she loves children and hopes to be a pediatrician one day!! She would be great at that!!
Here she is waiting for the formal wear competition....

And here she is walking the runway in her dress... so pretty! (ps I have no idea how to turn the pictures on this thing so I'm sorry you have to turn your head a few times!!)


She stood here and hugged every contestant that came off the runway... if there had been a Miss congeniality she would have won it!!

Can't believe how grown up she looks!!!

Rebecca and John after the competition is over....

She was so tired, she also had a slight cold :(

Caroline took this wonderful picture of me and my brother!!

and here is me and Caroline!!

Then Caroline and her daddy!!!(it was a long wait for the judges to tally their votes!!)

and lastly, Miss Caroline took a pic of herself!! :)
Rebecca did not win, however that does not matter! She is still a very beautiful girl and we were proud of her for doing it! Caroline has chimed in that she does not care to do a pageant!!











1 comment:

mary kathryn @ mathews family happenings said...

good gravy! Rebecca does look so grown up!!! I gave you a bloggy award today, so hop over to my blog and check it out!