Friday, June 10, 2011

My birthday surprise

As many of you may remember, last year my brother made me a beautiful cake...

isn't he so talented?? This year I was cruising the blog Cake Wrecks, where she occasionally posts some pretty cool cakes! Well, I came across this 80's cakes post which gave me an idea! (you'll have to scroll to the bottom to see the inspiration cake... it's the last one!)
So I sent Jason an email and this is what he came up with!
Cool Huh??!!
This is what happened with the stripes from the cake!!
Even the sleeping baby got one!!

I had a great birthday and am spending today off from work! I hope my birthday present comes in the mail soon.. I ordered a necklace from etsy:

Stacked Mixed Metal Circles with your FAMILY Names in Custom FONT
It will feature our names instead of Kaitlyn Margaret Love you Forever! I can't wait to get it!  I'll post a pic when it gets here!!

Hope everyone is enjoying their Friday... I'm off to the pool with the kids now!!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.1

No comments: